At the end of the day, you aren’t going to die if you choose to stay in when your friends go out. In fact, it may just be the best decision you can make. Sure, FOMO sucks, but I guarantee the list below sucks more.
If by chance, any of the following happen to you every time you “party.” Perhaps you shouldn’t be partying-novel concept, I know.
I have to actively convince myself of this, so it’s okay if you haven’t fully gotten it yet. It takes time.
It’s nothing to be ashamed of or even embarrassed about. Some people just aren’t wired that way but if you continue to ignore the signs, you’re going to suffer:
- You spend money you don’t have
- You lose your belongings
- You have chunks of time and memory missing
- You’re hungover for 3 days
- People are angry with you
- People had to babysit you
- You fall/wake up with bruises/cuts/etc.
- You get stick the night of (generally by way of vomiting).
- You do things you’d never normally do.
- You’re sick of yourself.