So, it’s going to be arctic circle cold this weekend and while most people don’t mind remaining indoors, others either have no choice or really don’t enjoy sitting still.
For the latter, here’s some advice that goes beyond just, “wear gloves.”
- Actually though, wear gloves.
- A hat is crucial as well. If you keep your hands and head warm, the rest is smooth sailing.
- Thick socks. If you’re wearing heels, maybe don’t do that.
- Drink things that make you overheated. Example: Whiskey.
- Better example: Whiskey with Hot Chocolate.
- If you have to walk, walk quickly while pumping your arms.
- If you’re standing still, keep moving by bobbing up and down. You’ll look like an idiot, but who cares? You’ll be a warm idiot.
- If you’re sitting outside (waiting for a bus, train, etc.) sit on your hands.
- Buy those nifty little hand-warmer packets….and put them in your pants. If you’re wearing a dress or skirt, maybe don’t do that either.
- Don’t step outside the bar once you’ve gotten there. Sleep there until Summer while waiting for warmer climes.