In your twenties, you have a constant back and forth battle between what you’re actually doing and what you really want to do. More often then not, it will drive you totally fucking insane. It’s likely that you’re working a shitty job, or you can’t even find a job. You may have recently been fired, or dumped. But we’re here to tell you you’re not alone.
Some of the most successful people in the entire world have been exactly where you are today. Their lives were turned into complete shit. But guess what? They kept going and never looked. Here’s proof that even if you’re in a really bad place now, everything happens for a reason. YOU WILL BE OKAY!
- Coca-Cola only sold 25 bottles of soda in their first year of business.
- Mark Cuban was a bartender up until the age of 25, now he’s a billionaire.
- Arianna Huffington was traveling to music festivals with her boyfriend till her mid-20s.
- Ralph Lauren used to be a sales associate at Brooks Brothers.
- J.K. Rowling was an unemployed mother until she created Harry Potter at 40.
- Jay-Z didn’t start rapping until he was 27.
- At 25, Tina Fey was working at her local YMCA.
- Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper for not being creative enough.
- Before getting into music, Madonna was working at Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Baltimore TV news fired Oprah because she “wasn’t fit for television.”
- The Grand Ole Opry (Country Music’s biggest establishment) told Elvis he should quit music.
- Harrison Ford was a carpenter until he was in his mid-30’s.
- Kristen Wiig landed her first real job (SNL) at 32.
- Steve Jobs got kicked out of his own company.
- At 40 Lucille Ball became a household name on I Love Lucy. Before that, her agent said she needed a new career path.