Let’s face it, your bed will forever be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye. The coziness of the blankets, the firm softness of the pillows, the guarantee that no matter how shit the world outside is that there is nothing but sweet dreams and rainbows beneath those cotton sheets (silk if you’re kinky).
Perhaps I’m romanticizing the boudoir but there’s just an irrefutable safeness in your bedroom that makes it pretty damn hard to leave.
Society allows for very few reasons to stay in bed all day, but we as humans argue that there are plenty of reasons to avoid the outside world and become one with the mattress:
Some of these are geared solely toward women or extremely effeminate men.
- When it’s too cold
- When it’s too hot
- When it’s raining/snowing/hailing (any form of precipitation, really)
- When you have a huge zit on your face
- When you’re on your period
- When you’re having a bad hair day
- When you stayed up too late watching Netflix
- When you drank too much the night before
- When you’re generally just pissed off at the world (for no reason)
- When you’re generally just pissed off at the world (for a reason that nobody else takes seriously)
- When you’re heartbroken
- When you can’t put a good book down
- When you can’t stop “marathoning” a show
- When you have nothing to wear
- When you’re too lazy to shower
- When you have no one to hang out with
- When your pet wants to snuggle
- When your S/O wants to snuggle
- When your stuffed animal wants to snuggle
- When you’re having a “fat day”
- When you haven’t done the laundry in a month
- When you have no money
- When you have no food in the house
- When you’re fighting with someone
- BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT
So if tomorrow morning you’re feeling any of these things, don’t be afraid to abandon responsibility for a bit, work isn’t going anywhere.
If you need some convincing, check out this lovely photo gallery, I’ve dubbed, “Bed Porn.” It’s not nearly as risque as it sounds.