The game has been out for a few days now and already players are discovering all sorts of secrets. One particular clue, which may have just solved one of the biggest mysteries in gaming history?
The “rdr2 the strange man cabin location” is a mystery that has been present since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2. The game’s player may have just solved it.
One of the major mysteries in Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption 2 has been the identity of the Strange Man. The Strange Man initially appears in RDR1 as a strange and otherworldly entity who seems to know a lot about John Marston and his background with the Van der Linde gang. Naturally, John is taken aback since he has no clue who the persona is. The Strange Man reappears in Red Dead Redemption 2, and his appearance is considerably odd [spoilers ahead].
Players may visit an abandoned shack with an incomplete painting during the epilogue as John. As players return to this location, the painting gradually fills up until it reveals a likeness of the Strange Man, who then appears in the mirror behind John, but no one is present when John turns around. Aside from that, some NPC chatter alludes to the character, but that’s it.
Rockstar Games has yet to disclose who the Strange Man is, but one gamer believes they’ve found it out, and their explanation is bizarre but surprisingly persuasive. One post on Reddit has gone viral, claiming that the Strange Man is “Cain from the Bible,” who is “doomed to roam the world for forever, marked by god so that everyone would identify him.”
Following that, the following evidence/speculation is presented:
- Cain is marked by God after murdering his brother Abel, so that everyone will identify him, and anybody who harms him will be punished seven times over. This is why John Marston knows him but has no idea where he came from, and it’s also the cause for something else, which we’ll get to later.
- Because he was the first killer, if you photograph his residence in RDR2, the image will be labeled “Serial Killer.”
- The weird guy seemed to have immeasurable life experience, which would make sense if he were Cain, since he would have lived since before Noah’s deluge. This is why he seems to be an expert on everything.
- The town of Tumbleweed is deserted, which may be owing in part to his existence. “When you cultivate the land, it will no longer provide its power to you; you will be a nomad and a wanderer on the earth,” God warns him. Cain is cursed, bringing death and sorrow to all those with whom he comes into contact, and he is forced to roam the world for all eternity.
- When John Marston says anything, “”Oh, but you will,” he responds, “if you don’t tell me your name, I won’t be liable for my conduct.” You will be held accountable.” This might be an allusion to John Marston’s curse and how he meets his end.
- “Damn You!” exclaims John Marston, who responds, “Yes, many have.” Because he is doomed to wander the world for the rest of his life, this answer makes reasonable. After that, John Marston shoots him three times. Those who strive to kill Cain will face sevenfold retribution, according to the Bible. When John Marston is killed, he is shot 21 times, which is seven times the number of shots he fired at the Strange Man.
Adding to the notion, Reddit user Basketballjuice points out that Cain is also the name of Jack Marston’s dog, which is, well, an intriguing name for a dog.
For the time being, all of this is pure supposition, but it’s by far the most plausible Strange Man explanation. As usual, feel free to leave a comment or two to let us know what you think, or alternatively, reach out to me on Twitter @Tyler Fischer_ to discuss anything gaming-related. What are your thoughts on the Strange Man hypothesis?
Watch This Video-
The “red dead redemption 2 devil house” is a mystery that has been present since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2. There are multiple theories, but one player may have just solved the mystery.
- red dead redemption strange man locations
- strange man red dead redemption 2
- rdr2 strange man cabin
- rdr2 online strange man
- red dead redemption 2 sequel